The professorships provide financial support for individual scientists:
- to conduct cooperative research at one of the institutes of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
- for visits of 2-12 months, and potentially renewable.
Applicants for this professorship must apply collaboratively. The research teams must include:
1. A scientist
- is a citizen of a nation having formal diplomatic relations with China (Chinese citizens are not eligible)
- was educated outside of China at the elementary school level
- has a PhD degree, with academic standing of at least Associate Professor or equivalent
- has strong communication skills in English
2. Chinese collaborator(s)
How to Apply
- are researcher(s) of CAS institutes
- have a senior research position, and preferably a PhD degree
- are engaged in a major research program
- have facilities and capacity to conduct cooperative research with the visiting scientist
Scientists wishing to apply should begin by exploring research
opportunities with potential collaborators within the Institutes of the
Chinese Academy of Sciences. More information about these institutes is
available at the CAS Institutes page.
Applications are submitted by the CAS institutes on behalf of
the international scientist, during two specific periods each year:
March 1-15, and September 1-15.
The grant will cover the recipient¡¯s salary, daily living
allowance, round-trip international airfare, and health insurance, at a
level determined by CAS according to the length of the visit and the
academic level of the visitor.
may be found at the following links:
Full announcement (PDF format)
Senior International Scientists, detailed regulations
Chinese Academy of Sciences grants page
All documents related to the Senior International Scientists
competition (page of links to Chinese documents)